High-End Spec Home with Custom Upgrades
What the Client Asked For
- Upgrade a high-end spec home with completely custom finishes, interiors, and landscaping. (This represented the second phase of this project, the first having been the design of the structure for the developer.)
- Create a comfortable family home where every element appeals to all family members.
- Work design reviews and approvals around the schedule of an out-of-town client and still meet a fast-track move-in date.
- Integrated all elements of the exterior, interiors, and landscaping into a coordinated design.
- Provided a range of options and recommendations for every detail — such as lighting fixtures, built-in stereo system, kitchen cabinetry, bathroom fixtures, etc.
- Involved family members in design reviews and selection of materials, systems, and furnishings.
- Coordinated closely with the client, suppliers, and contractors to make all decisions in time to meet schedule.
Winner of the Master Builders Association MAME award for Best Kitchen for new custom construction in 1994